Monday 2 April 2018

WORKING ANNIVERSARY AS AEHO...AEHO?

No!! I am not a salesgirl 😂
Awareness and promoting public on the non-smoking zone in the park areas.

Today marks my 6th years working anniversary as an AEHO. Hooray!! Hooray!! Hooray to my batch of DKP12/2009, we have made this far. There were lots of things happened during those time. The good, the bad, the easy, the hard, the love and the hates along the ways. But all in all, I am entirely grateful for all those memories, the knowledge, the opportunities, and the challenges of working in this field. Partly, I am also thankful for the paycheck I got every month. I got to be honest. Ha-Ha. This entry was a throwback and just a brief story on the journey of how I became an AEHO (exclusion to other past opportunities I had) 

. . . . . . . . . .

It was 2008 when the SPM result was released, my friends and I went to school, received the result and joyously we all passed. During those time there was limited availability of wifi or internet connection compared to what we have now. Since we need to fill forms to apply for higher education, my friends and I went to the cyber cafe a.k.a CC and filled all the forms available online. I remembered our family has an old white compact PC computer which was heavier than a 10 kg rice packet  ðŸ˜† still we did not have internet. The only memory I remembered using the PC was to save school assignment using a floppy disk and stayed up playing pokemon games. I was a pokemon addict back than even the creatures names I still remember until now (mostly from the first season).


. . . . . . . . . . .

I applied the application online through Suruhanjaya Perkidmatan Awam (SPA). At that time AEHO was known as the health inspector, and I had no ideas what is the job is about. Apart from applying AEHO, I also applied for other courses such as in pharmacy and laboratory field. When my application was accepted and passed, I received a letter to attend the examination and interview. I think I did well on my objectives exam. When I was interviewed I remembered the veteran officer questions, it was like below, back then the question was in Bahasa Melayu;


Greetings and introduction session.

Officer 1: Congratulation, you are offered all the courses, which is the field that you are most interested in? Why? (very straightforward question)

Me: I want to learn more about medicine, and I am interested in the pharmacy field. (I do have interest in pharmacy, looks so cool giving a patient their medication He-He)

Officer 2: Can you give the differences between modern medicine and traditional medicine?

Me: Yes...Blah...blah (I am not so sure if all the point is facts or just fancy made words)

Officer 1: Are you ready to be sent to the rural areas to do your service if you successfully enrolled?

Me: Yes (my tone is confident, but my mind thought what the worst things could happen)


When it was the time to open the result letter, I took a deep breath and had some positive monolog (whatever happen, happen I already did my best). I was shocked when I read the letter because I did not get the pharmacy courses, but at the same time felt joyous due to successfully enrolled in one of the classes (AEHO). Late on December 2008, I prepared and packed everything, I went to the Kolej Kesihatan Awam Kuching located at Batu 7, Kuching, Sarawak. The period of studying was 3 years, where most of my 2 years were in the college and a year undergoing practical in Kinabatangan. There were lots of bittersweet memories. After successfully completed the courses, I did work part-time for probably 3 months. Then, I started working in the Health District Officer in April 2012. 

. . . . . . . . . .

Brief right!! I am hoping for a better future and keep moving forward towards dreams and goals. Even if it takes slower progress, it's okay, as long as I step forwards I know there is nothing to regret of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment